Sunday, 6 October 2013

School/College Make Up Essentials ♡


When I was at school, I got so lazy with make up, as getting up at 6:30 to make time to do it just really was not worth it. I also decided that the drugstore was the way forward, as I didn't see much point in spending lots of money on a high end foundation that i'm only going to wear to school. Therefore, I have compiled a selection of products that I think are great budget staples for lazy, natural make up for school. 

Foundation


There are so many foundations in the drugstore and there are so many that I am yet to try but I just love the Rimmel Match Perfection. I feel like I have talked about it so many times on my blog, but it's just one of those products that I always find myself reverting back to. (I did a whole post on it here). It gives a medium coverage and the lightest shade (light porcelain) is an absolutely perfect colour match for my skin so if you are pale and struggling to find a good colour match, i'd strongly suggest trying out this foundation. I find that it stays on pretty much all day, so it is great for school. I apply this using a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and then buff it into the skin using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush in order to give a really natural look.

Concealer


I think this product was a bit of a given. I don't even know how many times I have purchased the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It gives such good coverage and is so long lasting that I can't help but just go back to it every time. It's great for concealing redness, dark under eye circles and blemishes so it really is an all purpose concealer and it only has a small price tag - perfect!

Powder



Again, I don't know how many times I have purchased this powder, it's such good value. It makes my skin stay matte (ha) for sooo long and I feel like it really sets in my make up. I get this powder in the lightest shade and it is perfect, so again, if you're pale skinned, this would be a good product to consider.

Blusher




I absolutely love this blusher, it's so well pigmented and such a pretty colour, I can't believe it was only £1. I have yet to try any of the other MUA blushers, but I am very much intending to as I have been so impressed by this shade, Lolly. It gives a lovely natural looking pinky glow to the cheeks with minimal effort, it looks so so pretty.

Mascara


After falling in love with the original Scandaleyes mascara, I was really intrigued to try the Retro Glam when it got released. I has an applicator with bristles which I love, it makes my lashes appear long and fanned out while still giving them loads of volume. One coat is enough to give a lovely natural effect.

Lip Balm


It is about time I mention a Baby Lips on my blog, it doesn't feel complete without it. These are great for school as they are cheap, moisturising and they smell lovely so it's easy to just take them in your bag with you so that you can re apply throughout the day. 

Do you have any alternatives for these products that I should try? Let me know in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Collection cosmetics is amazing i love the concealer its amazing!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of the powder would like to try the blusher seems so reasonable for the price!:) new follower!:)

    http://sinsandsparkles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! Can't go wrong for £1 :) x

      Delete