Friday, 18 October 2013

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick | In Love With Ginger ♡





(Please ignore the awful application)

I was lucky enough to win this lipstick through a competition on the Rimmel Facebook page. I didn't have the option to choose which shade of the new Moisture Renew range I won, so I was very surprised when it arrived in the post. Firstly, I think the name is absolutely adorable. The whole of this range has really cute names, especially Mayfair Red Lady and Saved By The Bell. I'm not overly keen on the outer casing of the product, I think that the purple plastic lid looks quite cheap, but I suppose that comes with the very reasonable price tag of just £6.49.

I was so scared when I opened this and saw the colour, as I am definitely not daring when it comes to bright lipsticks. In my head I immediately wrote it off and thought "nope, never going to wear it", but when I actually applied it, I began to feel myself slowly falling in love with it. I've never really experimented with red lipsticks before. I own MAC Russian Red however this is much more of a bright, orange toned red. The pigmentation is amazing, although I didn't expect anything less from a Rimmel lipstick if i'm honest. The formula is so soft and creamy, it definitely does not dry out your lips at all and it gives off a beautiful shine. As well as all of this, it has fantastic staying power, i've found mine to last for a good few hours (including drinking) without having to reapply. Obviously I won't wear this on a day to day basis, but I think it would look great with an evening outfit or for a party.

Have you tried any of the new Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks? Are there any other shades that you've got your eye on? Let me know in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura

16 comments:

  1. this is such a gorgeous colour i love how you can get some really good colour from the drug store!

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so surprised! They're such a great price too :)

      Delete
  2. Hello lovely :) just letting you know I have nominated you with the Versatile Blogger Award on my blog at www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on winning this lipstick, its a lush shade :-) really suits you x
    Sophie
    X

    www.sophiejenner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colour suits you! :D

    http://babymiloxoxo9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a super-pigmented lippy! And the colour suits your skintone! Congratulations on the win. I found your blog on the BBloggers and FBloggers Worldwide Facebook page and thought I'd say hi - and become your 80th follower. Here's my blog, if you like a read:
    http://www.mybeautyjunction.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, the pigmentation is amazing - especially for the drugstore!X

      Delete
  6. Loved this post! Here's my blog,would love it if you check it out and perhaps, follow!
    strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com
    xx, your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it suits you well. I love it, such a pretty shade.

    MS. J
    http://www.fashionlurve.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color :) I love their new moisture renew lipsticks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only one I have tried but i'm soo tempted to try some more from the range now! x

      Delete