Thursday, 12 September 2013

Sleek 'Rose Gold' vs Dainty Doll 'You Are My Sunshine' ♡





(top - Dainty Doll, bottom - Sleek)

I've wanted to try 'Rose Gold' by Sleek for such a long time, but as my Superdrug doesn't stock Sleek anymore, I decided to wait until there was an opportunity to get free online delivery. When it arrived, I could help but notice how similar it looked to a blusher that I already own, 'You Are My Sunshine' from the Dainty Doll range.

In the pan, they look almost exactly the same as they are both quite coral-y pinks with a lot of shimmer, which looks beautiful in the sunlight. When swatched, 'Rose Gold' is actually a bit more of a darker pink, whereas 'You Are My Sunshine' has more of a light, orange tone. Both products have fantastic pigmentation, but i'd have to say that Sleek has the slight edge as it didn't take as many tries to get a decent swatch. I feel like the Dainty Doll blush is a bit softer and nicer to apply, although the powder is the tiniest bit more chalky. Both products have a gorgeous golden shimmer that looks so beautiful, especially when the sun hits it.

At the moment, i'd have to say that the Sleek blusher is my favourite, but I think that is purely because it is new to me and it is a product that I have been lusting after for a long time. I don't think that one blusher is marginally better than the other, as both are of fantastic quality and they are two similar yet beautiful shades. I will definitely continue to use both of these products.

'You Are My Sunshine' from the Dainty Doll range can be found here.
'Rose Gold' by Sleek Makeup can be found here.

Have you tried either of these products? Have you found any other dupes for either of these blushers? Let me know in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of Sleek's Rose Gold! Its such a pretty colour :) I've been after it for ages as its a dupe for NARS Orgasm blush x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. the same thing happened to me! when i finally bought myself a mac blusher (springsheen) i got home and found it was almost identical to Dainty doll 'you are my sunshine' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh it must just be a popular shade I guess!X

      Delete