Sunday, 1 September 2013

August Favourites ♡

I have actually been trying out a lot of new beauty products this month, which is nice as once I find a product I like, I usually just stick to using it. I'm looking to continue expanding my make up collection, as I am starting college next week (help) and I will be able to experiment with make up a bit more than I was able to at school.

EOS Lip Balm - Summer Fruits




My friend Lucy recently visited America (which I am sooo jealous about) and she actually brought me back a few beauty items which was really nice of her. One of the things she got me was this EOS lip balm. I have wanted one of these for so long as they are pretty much iconic in the beauty world. Essentially, it is just a lip balm but the shape of the container is so cute and different that it seems like so much more than a lip balm to me. I have this in 'Summer Fruits' and it smells so nice! I do find it to be quite moisturising on the lips, so it is great to just throw in a bag and apply throughout the day.


Loreal Micellar Water



I was so intrigued to try out a Micellar Water due to the Bioderma hype. I had heard pretty good things about the L'Oreal version so I decided to pick it up on a trip to Superdrug, and I have not been disappointed. I love how easy it is to remove make up with this water, it is so much better than any actual make up remover solutions I have used in the past. It is great for removing both face and eye make up and it doesn't feel harsh on the skin or eyes at all. I have already repurchased this!


Fudge Urban Iced Vanilla and Raspberry Hairspray




Firstly, how pretty is the design on the can?! If i'm completely honest, I first bought this hairspray due to the 'gimmick' feature of the iced raspberry and vanilla scent. Although it does smell amazing, it has such a good hold too! It doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky or 'crispy', which so many other hairsprays have done in the past. It really helps to lock in a hairstyle and it lasts pretty much all day. I have already repurchased this and I can see myself using this product for such a long time as I literally do not have a bad word to say about it.


Lush Face Mask - Love Lettuce



One of the things I love the most about going on trips to Lush is how helpful the staff are. It can be quite daunting at first as they do pretty much pounce on you when you enter the store, but I love it as they are so helpful and knowledgeable about all of their products. I have been wanting to try a Lush facemask for such a long time but I never really knew which one to pick as there are so many. After a quick consultation with a member of staff, I was told that Love Lettuce is great for drier skin. I must admit I was a bit dubious as I never really see results from face masks but I decided to give it a go anyway. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean, it's absolutely amazing. You can get so many uses out of the one pot, I can't wait to give some of the other face masks a try!

Topshop Lipstick - Innocent




I've actually already spoken about this lipstick on my blog before (you can read this here). I have loved using this in the summer as it is such a vibrant pink, so it really adds something to an outfit. The consistency is so lovely, it's so creamy and not at all drying on the lips. I really can't wait to try some more Topshop lipsticks - any ideas of which shades I should try?

Music Favourites


Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood (x)
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club (x)
Hanging On - Ellie Goulding (x)
Love Like This - Kodaline (x)
#3 - Lewis Watson (x)

Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any recommendations of products that I should try? Let me know in the comments!


***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura

8 comments:

  1. Love this post, I've just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! http://www.valleyoflashes.com/2013/09/versatile-blogger.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an eos in my life!!!

    great post!

    found your blog via twitter :)

    new follower!

    come and check out mine if you'd like to :)

    http://zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, they're fabulous! Thank you! :) x

      Delete
  3. The Lush face mask sounds great :) Thank you for sharing x

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to wear Topshop's innocent everyday, I really need to dig it out again thanks for the reminder! Secret Admirer is a lovely pink shade too of theirs :)

    Sami www.beautyaesthetic.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thank you, i'll have to check that one out!X

      Delete