Saturday, 24 August 2013

The Bucket List ♡

I have decided to add in a few 'lifestyle' type posts to my blog as the idea received a lot of good feedback on twitter! I love making bucket lists, I have been doing it for years and it's so nice to actually know what things in the world you wish to achieve or visit before you pass away. ..So here is mine!

1. Visit Disney World.

Now, I am very aware that this is one of the most cliche things I could have put on my bucket list. I am also aware of the fact that I am over 10 years old. No matter how old I get, and no matter how cheesy and over the top I know Disney World would be, I can't help but long to visit. It seems like such a lovely place and I pray i'll be able to experience it at some point.


2. Play Hide and Seek in Ikea.

 This is of course inspired by the well known Ikea scene in the movie 500 Days Of Summer. This sounds so weird but I think that it would just be so fun, especially as I haven't actually been to Ikea before.





3. Finish an entire lipstick.

Although a lot of the things on my bucket list require me having to travel to somewhere to experience them, I also have strange little seemingly meaningless things that I also want to achieve. Finishing a lipstick may seem like a weird thing to want to set out to do, but it's something that i've never done before and I suppose there's a first time for everything.. plus I gain weird satisfaction for finishing things like pens or notebooks..


4. Do an American Beauty Box Swap.

I've always seen people do these and i've been so jealous, i'd absolutely love to do this! There are soooo many  products from America that I am longing to try, and i'd love to send some quintessentially British beauty items to someone in America too.





5. Host a Charity Event.

One of my biggest goals in life is to host some sort of Charity Event. I'm not sure what I want to do or who I want to raise money for, but I just think that it would be so rewarding and fantastic to raise money for some amazing charities.




6. Visit Juliet's Balcony in Verona, Italy.

To be completely honest, I didn't know that this was an actual thing until I saw the film Letters To Juliet. I'd love to visit Italy in general but there is something about this balcony and the part in the story of Romeo and Juliet that really interests me.





7. Visit Strawberry Fields in Central Park.

As a huge fan of The Beatles, this just feels like an absolutely essential place to visit before I die. I've already been to all of the sites in Liverpool like Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane, but i'd love to visit those again too. I love the history behind their fame and all of the places that inspired their music.





8. Learn to play at least one song on the piano.

I think it has been evident since I was very young that I am not at all musically gifted. I'd love to be able to play just one song on piano, even if it's chopsticks. I just think that it is a skill that i'd like to develop before I die.





9. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.

It would be a dream for me to even see the Brooklyn Bridge, but i'd love to walk across it, it's just one of those weird little things that I want to do that doesn't necessarily mean anything.






10. Attend Glastonbury Festival.

Ever since I was small I have wanted to go to a festival, every single summer I find myself watching all of the highlights from all of the various festivals on TV. I go to about 473847 gigs a year so i'd love a festival because it's like one massive gig. I can't wait!



Do you have a bucket list? Do you want to do any of these things too? Let me know in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura

16 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post! I love the Ikea scene in 500 Days Of Summer too, that would definitely be something on my bucket list :) x
    http://aworldfullofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should go to New York together ok. And around Christmas bc pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should. Can we all arrange some sort of Christmas outing this year?X

      Delete
  3. i have so many of the same items on my bucket list as you do! i love the american beauty box idea, never thought of that but sounds such a cute idea!

    i love your blog! check mine out at keepcalmlookpretty.blogspot.com and tell me what you think? thankyou! :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, of course I will!Xx

      Delete
  4. We could go to New York for a week and get a hotel for £882 each ;-) Or we can just go to York? OR LONDON? X

    ReplyDelete
  5. We share a lot of the same bucket list items! I'd love to do an American beauty swap too, I hate seeing products I can't get a hold of here :(

    Lovely blog, I'm a new follower <3

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to Juliet's Balcony! now following you on Bloglovin!

    Gemma xx

    http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so beautiful! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  7. This is a fab wishlist, I actually want to do all these! I've always wanted to go to Verona and It's my dream to go to Disneyworld! I've been to strawberry fields though, i managed to get lost finding it and it's the easiest thing to find aha! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/
    Check out my Michael Kors Giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so jealous that you've been to Strawberry Fields ahhhh!Xx

      Delete
  8. This is an awesome list and I hope you accomplish every single one! I must say #3 made me laugh because I've never finished a lipstick in my entire life and I actually might be doing it very soon! (So exciting!)

    http://chamomiledealer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, that's so lovely!X

      Delete