Monday, 26 August 2013

First Impression | Superdrug Coconut Oil ♡



I had seen this product on a number of beauty blogs and I was eager to give it a go - especially as it has such a small price tag. There are many different ways to use this product, although the main use seems to be as a hair conditioner. I have also seen a few people use it as a cleansing balm, although I am yet to try using it like this.
On first use, I used this product as a hair conditioner. After shampooing my hair, I applied this to the ends of my hair and sort of worked my way up. The formula is really really strange, as it is actually a solid 'balm' type consistency that supposedly melts into an oil when it comes in to contact with hot water. I really didn't find this at all, I found that it mainly stayed solid in my hands, which made application really difficult. While I had the product in my hair I didn't feel that it made my hair feel soft or 'conditioned' at all, I just found it difficult to wash out. I had to use shampoo twice to actually be able to get most of this product out of my hair. After that quite problematic application, I decided to see what it was like as a body moisturiser. I did actually like the product a lot more when I used it like this, it is much more moisturising. I really like how the lovely coconut smell stays on your skin. The only thing I did find with this is that is does take a while for it to fully sink in to the skin, so I was left with that gross 'sticky' feeling for a while.
After getting out of the shower, I dried my hair to find that my hair was left very heavy and greasy, as the coconut oil had not been completely washed out of my hair. I'd be really interested to find out whether this was to do with my error in washing my hair or if other people have had this problem when using this product as a conditioner.
I think that I will continue to use this product as a body moisturiser, but I would have to really think about it before trying to use it as a conditioner again.

Have you tried this product? Do you have any tips for me to get the most out of this product? Please let me know in the comments!


***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura

12 comments:

  1. I really want to try this out too, my boyfriend's father cooks with it! (not the superdrug one, a proper food one!)

    Ellis xo
    ELRBX - BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE AND PERSONAL BLOG xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently used coconunt oil for the first time ... http://wwwblackstarrynight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/results-making-my-own-body-scrub.html

    x Gem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been after trying coconut oil for ages, but this experience has really put me off! I might just stick to using in cooking...

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say maybe give it a go because it's really inexpensive :) x

      Delete
  4. great product!!! follow each other on gfc?

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just run out of this myself after using it obsessively for the past few months! It took a while to see results but it definitely recovered my hair from years of home dyes :)

    http://georginaelizabethh.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no way! I'll have to give it another go at some point then x

      Delete
  6. I usually just melt down the coconut oil and leave it in overnight :) When I rinse it off in the morning I have to wash it at least twice but it adds a lot of shine to your hair and makes it so soft and silky! I did a full review on coconut oil and what to use it for maybe you could check it out :) http://anacelinelabod.blogspot.de/2013/05/benefits-of-coconut-oil.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that's so helpful, thank you so much!XX

      Delete