Monday, 12 August 2013

3 Mini Reviews for 3 Mini Products | Benefit ♡

On a trip to my local Boots store, I noticed a little Benefit mini bundle for around £9. I had been eager to try out all of the products included in the package, so I decided to pick one up. This seemed like such a better idea than buying even one of the products full size, as make up products can often be very hit and miss.

Porefessional Primer




The first thing that I noticed about this primer was that it is a really weird off-brown colour - I hope that's not just mine! On first application, I noticed that the texture is quite oily, especially compared to the primer I usually use, Nivea Express Hydration. I haven't really noticed much of a difference between this and other primers I have used in the past, which I was quite disappointed about. I also didn't really notice my pores looking any smaller or a change in how long my skin stays matte for. As the 22ml version of this is £24.50, I don't think I will be purchasing the full size version of this product. This seems strange as I have seen such good reviews on this product in the past, but I just don't feel that impressed with it - especially for the price.

Posie Tint





I wasn't too sure what to expect from this really as I hadn't heard a lot about it, but basically it acts as both a cheep and lip stain. In the bottle it looks really scary, however it's not as vibrant after application. The formula is actually quite watery, which allows easy blending on the cheeks and the lips. I don't tend to notice it too much on my cheeks, it just leaves a subtle pinky glow, which I actually really like. On the lips, I don't think it is too impressive - however I haven't found it to be drying. The colour isn't very intense at all and actually isn't too far away from my natural lip colour. I definitely wouldn't class this product as a 'stain' as I don't find that the colour lasts very well at all on the lips, however it has quite good staying power on the cheeks. Although I am quite enjoying experimenting with this product, I just can't justify spending £24.50 on the 12.5ml version.

Bad Gal Lash Mascara




I have wanted to try a Benefit mascara for so long, namely the They're Real. However, I have heard such mixed reviews on the They're Real that I wasn't too bothered that the Bad Gal Lash was part of this set instead of that one. I really like the applicator, as it has bristles as opposed to a horrible plastic applicator. The formula is quite thick which I also like as I love my lashes to have lots of volume. I find that this mascara both lengthens and volumises my lashes; which makes the perfect mascara for me. The only thing I would say is that it gives a very similar effect to my all time favourite mascara, Rimmel Scandaleyes - and of course Rimmel is just a fraction of the price. I'm not sure I could justify spending £17.50 on the full size version of this mascara when I can get a cheaper drugstore alternative that gives me a similar, if not identical effect.

Have you tried any of these products? Did you find similar things to me or did you view a product differently? Let me know in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura 

11 comments:

  1. poisetint looks really pretty! i also just nominated u for the liebster award :) check my blog for details!

    xx Annie

    annieleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine swears by the Porefessional but I've not tried it myself, though similarly I've heard really good reviews - I have a small Posie Tint though which I've enjoyed using on both cheeks and lips, but it does seem quite dear for full size I agree.

    Your blog is so enjoyable to read, really good job! Subscribed on Bloglovin & looking forward to more posts ;D

    Amelia xx
    http://lafemmeeclectique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I don't know why I haven't been impressed with the Porefessional as there are so many good reviews!

      Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  3. I like the fact that you can purchase a mini bundle of the Benefit cosmetics that you can try as it would be so disappointing spending that much on a full sized product and not liking it!
    I've wanted to try the Porefessional for a while now as I too have heard good reviews but your review of this just proves that a favourite product for one is not a favourite for all!

    Just discovered your blog and I'm liking it :) Good job.

    http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right with the 'favourite product for one is not a favourite for all!'

      Thank you so much x

      Delete
  4. These product reviews were so helpful. I've been wanting to try Porefessional Primer for the longest but was always afraid it wouldn't do much different than a cheaper primer. I've also wanted to try the Bad Gal Mascara as well. I love the They're Real Mascara sooo much even though the plastic applicator is a bit of a pain/: I wouldn't mind splurging for it as a little gift to myself though since I like it so much! Still can't believe the prices for these products though....

    I invite you to check out my new blog! More posts to come soon!
    thevintage-touch.blogspot.com

    -Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! They are pretty pricey - I'm only in favour if the high price reflects a high quality!X

      Delete
  5. I always want to try Benefit but the high price tag scares me in case it's just no good

    I’ve given my blog a bit of a redesign, please come and check it out if you have a chance and let me know what you think!.

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete