Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Review - Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser ♡



I've been wanting to try this product ever since it came out as the prospect of no longer having to sit around feeling all disgusting while waiting for body lotion to sink in in order to achieve soft, smooth skin really appealed to me. I finally picked this up from Tesco a few weeks ago and I was quite excited to try it.

Directions (As taken from the back of the bottle)
1. Use normal shower product and rinse off.
2. Apply this In-Shower Body Moisturiser while still in the shower.
3. Rinse Off.
4. Dry yourself, get dressed and go.

Now, instantly the directions get to me a bit, as I am dubious as to how much a moisturiser can do on wet skin when you are literally just putting it on then washing it straight off again. I suppose this is something I should have considered earlier as this is implied by the description of the product. Nevertheless, I have tried this out anyway and it turns out that I was right to be suspicious. Now don't get me wrong, the formula is very nice and feels quite luxurious and soft. The smell is quite nice; sort of the 'typical' Nivea smell - clean and fresh. I apply this after using a Nivea Body Wash and it honestly doesn't really do anything for me. It feels promising when applied to the skin, however as it is just washed straight off, I don't really see a lasting improvement to my skin. I have quite dry skin on my face, however the skin on my body isn't dry at all, I just happened to accidentally pick this up in the 'dry skin' edition. This also says to me that surely I should see an improvement in the softness of my skin if the product is aimed at dry skin. 

Overall, i'm pretty disappointed with this product and I don't think I will be repurchasing. It is more convenient than normal body moisturiser, however I'm not impressed enough with this product to ditch normal moisturiser forever. I'm quite sad to have to give this a bad review as I usually love Nivea products. I'm just glad that this product isn't too expensive, so I haven't wasted too much money buying it.

Have you tried this product? Do you have any body moisturisers you could recommend to me? Let me know in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura 

4 comments:

  1. I felt the same as you, it just didn't do enough. I find it does a better job if you apply it with exfoliating gloves.
    I also disliked it due to how slippery it makes the shower floor, the time I take washing it out might as well be used to apply body lotion.

    Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad i'm not the only one! Totally agree with your comment about the shower floor, I was taking my life in my hands stepping out of the shower! X

      Delete
  2. I didn't live up to my expectations either. I will give it another try though, and turn off the water completely when I put it on, but I doubt it'll make much of a difference =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried sort of stepping out of the shower while applying but found it made little difference :( x

      Delete