Sunday, 21 July 2013

Recent Beauty Buys | MAC, Bobbi Brown, Topshop ♡

After weeks of saving money and lusting over products I had seen both on the high street and on other beauty blogs, I finally took two long overdue shopping trips (both in the space of three days, oops!). Although I now have around £3 to my name, i'm really happy with all of the products that I bought and i'm so excited to be able to share them on my blog.

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation



I've wanted a MAC foundation for such a long time but i've always been unsure of which one to choose; so actually visiting a MAC store was so helpful as I was able to ask one of the ladies which one she would recommend for my skin type. After describing my skin as dry and prone to redness, she immediately pointed me towards Studio Sculpt. One of the great things about this foundation is that it has really good coverage, yet it doesn't look caked on the face - perfect for covering more red areas of the skin! It's not drying at all and I haven't found that it 'clings' to drier areas of my face, as other products have done many times in the past. As my skin is very fair, I have this in the shade NC15. It is such a perfect colour match for my skin, which makes it so easy to blend and make it appear really natural. The 'nozzle' of the tube makes it really easy to dispense the product, leaving no room for mess or spillages. I apply and blend this foundation using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

This 40ml tube costs £25, which I actually think is really worth the money for such quality. 

MAC 210



For a ridiculously long amount of time, I have wanted to invest in a MAC brush that I can use to apply gel eyeliner, and 210 is the perfect match. Although it did cost £16.50 (cry), I just know that I will get so much use out of this as I wear winged eyeliner every day. The thin, pointed brush allows application with precision and ease. I also really like how thin the handle (handle?) of the brush is, as it is really easy to hold.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner (Black Ink)


(I have actually used this, I just really wanted a picture of it looking really pristine and untouched, haha)

After purchasing my MAC 210, I knew there was no way back and I just had to go and buy the holy grail of gel eyeliners; Bobbi Brown Long-Wear. This set me back another £17.50, but just like with the MAC 210, I know that I am going to use this product so much as I wear eyeliner every day. The consistency is so nice and allows the gel to cling to the brush, making it so easy to apply. It lasts for a really long time; after just a few uses I have noticed how much longer it stays compared to other high street liquid and gel eyeliners I have used in the past. The glass packaging makes it feel really luxurious and the monochrome lid looks so cute and professional, I love having it in my make up collection!

Topshop Blush in Head Over Heels




Can I firstly just point out how pretty the packaging of this product is?! I love it so much! Head Over Heels is a beautiful coral-pink cream blush. It is also only £6 which is such a bargain. This product is so easy to blend and it just looks so pretty on the cheeks and gives a healthy glow. I'm so excited to continue using this as it is actually the first cream blush I have owned, so it is really fun being able to experiment with new techniques.

***************************

So those are my recent beauty purchases! I also bought lots of jewellery and clothes on these shopping trips and i'm a bit unsure whether to do blog posts on them or not. If you'd like to see haul posts on the jewellery or clothing I bought, please let me know in the comments or you can tweet me!

Thank you for reading!
Laura

4 comments:

  1. The blush looks so pretty, been wanting to try it out for ages! New follower, lovely blog :)

    Daisie Petals

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick it up when you get the chance! Thank you so much lovely x

      Delete