Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Prom ♡

My Prom took place on the 27th June and it was honestly such a good night. (largely due to the party afterwards, but anyway..)
I had been really nervous in the days running up to Prom as my dress was a lot more subtle and understated than many of the dresses chosen by other girls in my year. Nevertheless, I decided to team my dress with sparkly jewellery in order to make it much more glamorous and eye catching.

Hair & Make Up

Many girls got their hair and make up professionally done, however I decided to do both myself as I honestly don't really trust anyone else to do it exactly how I wanted it, plus being able to spend ages perfecting my make up seemed like a bit of a treat for me, as I am usually rushing out of the door while quickly applying some mascara. As I have very long hair, I decided to just put lots of curls at the very bottom of my hair, as it looked cute and pretty without it being over the top. For my make up, I made sure I had lots of coverage on the skin, and I went for a kind of smoky brown eye look with black liquid eyeliner.


Products

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Foundation
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Loreal Superliner
Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin, Half Baked, Darkhorse)
Sleek Contour Kit
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle

My Dress

I actually got my dress for £30 from Missguided. I'm so glad I did as it is actually such a beautiful dress, from the material it is made from to the way it falls when I wear it, it just looks lovely. I always wanted to have a small budget for prom, as it is essentially one night out of your whole life, and spending hundreds of pounds on just one night seems crazy to me. 

(My clutch bag was from New Look, I think it was about £9)






Have you had your prom recently? Tell me what it was like and what you wore in the comments!

***********************

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura









6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Can't wait for mine next year :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous. It's better that you had a more subtle look, when I had my prom I totally over done it & I hate the pictures so much! I've always been told that natural looking makeup and hair is much more ageless in photo's. Particularly for weddings and proms :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always preferred a more subtle look anyway, i'm not a very over the top person haha!X

      Delete
  3. What an amazing dress! So elegant!

    http://sheisagirlygirl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete