Tuesday, 12 March 2013

The Beauty Blogger Tag!♡

I thought it was about time that I did a tag, as I haven't done one in a while! I feel like a lot of tags aren't appropriate for me or my blog as I haven't been blogging for a very long time and i'm still learning and gaining experience. However, I really like the questions in this tag and think they fit in well with my blog! :)

1. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging due to being an avid reader of other beauty blogs! I also always watch fashion and beauty related videos on YouTube, and i've always thought that it must be so much fun to talk and write about things that you are really interested and be able to share them with other people! I started blogging in December, so I have been blogging for around 4 months. 

2. Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
This sounds like such a typical and cliche answer, but i've honestly loved Zoella's blog for such a long time. It was one of the first beauty blogs I started reading.

3. What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
I can't really remember the first hyped product that I bought, but the most recent was the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub. It is definitely worth the hype, even if the price tag is a little high! I actually did an entire blog post about this product, which you can find here.

4. What are you five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
1. Being able to share my views on products with other people! I love the thought of people considering buying a product after reading about it on my blog.
2. Talking to all of the other lovely people that also run blogs. It's such a welcoming community, and I never feel looked down on due to my age and lack of blogging experience.
3. The fact that I can talk to other people and have other people talk to be about beauty related topics! I'd hate to try and discuss things like new products and reviews with someone that has 0 interest in beauty and finds the topic really boring. 
4. Getting comments on posts that I write! I absolutely adore getting comments on my posts, the feeling that someone out there is taking the time to read my blog is so lovely. 
5. Being able to take time out from things like school to just spend maybe one hour taking pictures and writing a new blog post - being able to write about things that I have an interest in and think other people will too.

5. What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
From being a Beauty Blogger, I have learnt that honesty is so important when writing reviews and giving opinions on things, as if you're not honest, there's no point!
I have also learnt that I should consider extending my vocabulary as I often tend to repeat the same words over and over in just one blog post.


6. Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
I suppose I have changed the way in which I decide whether to purchase a product. It is no longer just whether the product does the job, I now have to consider things such as the longevity, smell etc....
I have also changed my budget on make up, as before becoming a Beauty Blogger I owned absolutely no products from MAC, the thought of spending £14 on a lipstick just seemed ridiculous to me. I guess it also counts that I got a job around the same time that I started blogging, so I have learnt to treat myself every now and again.... ;-)

7. What advice would you give to a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
As I haven't been blogging for long myself, I don't really think I am in a position to give a lot of advice to anyone. All I would say is that as long as you are happy with your blog and the things you write about, then go ahead and write to your heart's content. Although you want others to read your blog, you should always make sure that you believe in what you write and that your blog is what you want it to be. (went a bit deep there, I feel like i've just run for president or something)

8. What are your top five make up brands?
1- I would have to say that MAC is my number one. Although I only own a small amount of products from this brand, I just love pretty much everything about it. I even love visiting the MAC shops, just how everything seems so professional and fancy.
2- Rimmel takes the number two spot. They're such a great all round brand, I love their face products such as the Match Perfection Foundation, and I love their eye products like their Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner. They're in the perfect spot on the price scale too, high end drug store, but a bargain compared to premium make up brands.
3- No7 is my number 3 spot. I own quite a few make up products by No7, and they're so high quality and worth the money. I feel like their make up is quite basic, but it all feels so nice on my face and never irritates my skin or eyes at all.
4- MUA - Admittedly, some MUA products can be quite hit and miss. However, I use my MUA Heaven & Earth palette pretty much every day and I love it, the fact that it was £3 is unbelievable. Such fantastic value for money.
5- Collection (2000) - This gets the number 5 spot as I don't actually own many products by this brand, however their lasting perfection concealer is one of my favourite products of ALL TIME, so they deserve to be on here somewhere.

9. Recommend your top 5 beauty products.....
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - This foundation is such an incredible colour match for my fair skin. It has great coverage, and I love the finish on my skin! An absolute staple in my every day make up routine. (i've actually done a blog post on this foundation, click here to see it!)
MUA Heaven & Earth Eyeshadow Palette - This palette is the perfect mix of neutral browns and golds. I use this palette pretty much every day to create natural, neutral eye make up looks. Don't even get me started on the fact it only cost me £3!!
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle - This was one of the first products I bought from MAC, after hearing Louise talking about it on her YouTube. I really love this product, it is the perfect highlighter, making my skin look radiant and healthy all day long.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara - Another product from Rimmel! I love this mascara as it is really jet black so creates such a dramatic eye look. It is a fantastic mix of volumising and lengthening, which I often find isn't the case with many drugstore mascaras. 
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner - Liquid eye liner is an absolute essential for me now. I literally feel naked when I am not wearing it, it's sort of like it gives me confidence in my eyes...(if that makes sense at all) and I can't really imagine not wearing it! This eyeliner is easy to apply, lasts all day and is really pigmented. Perfect!

********************************
I'm sorry that this post is so long and wordy, I really hope it didn't bore you!
If you decide to complete this tag, please comment with the link to your post as I would love to read your answers too!

As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to do this on my blog if you don't mind! I'll say I got it from you :)
    I followed too
    check out my blog if you wish :)
    http://itsellebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind! Thank you, i'll check it out now!X

      Delete