Friday, 22 March 2013

My Bath-time Essentials!♡

It's finally Friday! I always see Fridays as the perfect opportunity to relax and wind down after a stressful week, although a relaxing bath would not be complete without my favourite products! This post is also sort of inspired by Zoella, as I recently watched her video about her pamper night essentials.. So here are my favourite products that I use to help me wind down and relax!

The Perfect Bath
The Bath Bomb


I love using bath bombs in my bath, especially when they turn the water a pretty colour and produce gorgeous smells. When I visit Lush, I always try to stock up on products to last me for a few baths, but I can just never seem to get enough! There isn't a Lush in my local area, so I also have to wait quite a while until I can buy more.. :(



Here I have the Ickle Baby Bot. This bath bomb promises to help me fall asleep, so this will be perfect in a relaxing bath! Other favourites of mine are Fluffy Egg, Sex Bomb and Space Girl. I don't really have a preference, just as long as they smell nice, do good things for my skin and smell nice (qualities that all Lush bath bombs have), I am happy! 
I place this in the bath when the bath is about half full.

The Bubbles

Bubbles are an absolute essential bath-time product! A bath is not a bath without bubbles. I have no preference for bubbles, I just use whichever ones we happen to have in the house. If anybody knows of any really good bubble bath that I should try, please let me know in the comments!

The Candles

Candles are so so relaxing, especially when placed around a bath. My favourite thing to do is place lots of small candles around the bath, then turn out the lights and listen to music.
I tend to use one scented candle, usually a Yankee Candle, and then use a few unscented tealights around the bath, as I feel that if the tealights had a scent; it would be a bit overpowering alongside the scent of the Yankee Candle.


Fluffy Towels is such a fresh and clean scent, I love it! Some of my other favourite scents include Strawberry Buttercream and Mango Peach Salsa.

The Face Mask

One thing I love about baths is that you can just take an hour or two out of your evening to really look after yourself and take care of your skin after a long and hard week. For me, this means spending extra time and attention on looking after my skin, as I feel that it gets neglected during the week due to exposure to different weather conditions.


I haven't really tried out many face masks, as I don't use them too often, so I hardly ever feel the need to go out and buy a new one. I really like this mud mask from Superdrug as I find that it is very hydrating and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. If you have any recommendations for face masks I should try out, please let me know in the comments! 

The Playlist

Music makes a relaxing bath absolutely perfect. Here are a few of the songs featured on my bath-time playlist:

Ride - Lana Del Rey
Lies - Marina and The Diamonds
Sink Or Swim - Lewis Watson
Windows - Lewis Watson
Lamplight - Lewis Watson
Overjoyed - Bastille
I Know You Care - Ellie Goulding

And Voila!


There you have it, those are the products and techniques I use to create the perfect bath. I hope you liked it!

*******************
As always..........
Feel free to comment, or you can tweet me!
You can ask anonymous questions through my askfm.
Thank you for reading!
Laura 



4 comments:

  1. That does look like an amazing bath! you can't beat a great bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved zoella's pamper video! i love the fluffy towels candle as well!
    great post! (:
    http://sunsetswings.blogspot.com
    xx S.

    ReplyDelete